After little league ended and the heat of summer came, I’ve had a lot of time to lie around and think.
#1 Realization – We need a couple A/Cs badly. Four would be ideal: 4 little ones for Kitchen, Living Room, Ryne’s Room and our bedroom. The issue is coming up with the $400 – $600 to get them all. Then if we get one or two at a time which ones are more important. It’s not like they are fans that we can move from room to room. Bleh, I really dislike being hot. And Robert, if you claim one more time, that moving to the desert will make all the difference, I do NOT care. Over 80 is over 80 whether it is humid or not. I don’t like to be hot, period.
#2 Realization – I am a crafter, not just a knitter. I have to deal with it and let myself be well, crafty. The good news is I’ve signed up for a few ATC swaps to broaden my horizons. So slowly collecting supplies – water colors, acrylics, sponges, brushes, colored pencils to go with my pile o’Sharpies & Mod Podge. I don’t know if I want to get into a daily practice (which I could merge with a re-awaked daily pages practice, needs more thought) or if I want to make a date with myself. i.e. Tuesday nights are supposed to be family game night. Thursday night is knitting group (along with Saturday mornings). I have a monthly writers group in there. And am going to be adding a college course or two. LOL, yikes. But I want to have fun. I don’t want creativity to be a chore or obligation (like the swaps & test knitting) but something to do and play with. We’ll see.
#3 Realization – I have been feeling a bit lonely for my friends. Many of my good friends are stay at home mothers, who get to see each other during the week. So I am feeling out of touch, out of the loop and maybe even forgotten. I want to plan a get together or three so I don’t have to wait for others to do the planning and fitting it somewhere in that nutty schedule I mentioned above.
#4 Realization – I need to start writing again. Instead of waiting for the stuff I wanted transcribed to get well transcribed, I need to see if there are any new stories brewing in the back of my head. Maybe try my hand at a paranormal mystery or something. Hmm…
#5 Realization – I have completely fallen off the fitness / wellness wagon. I was in seriously rough shape yesterday (high pain / low energy). Better today but not as much as I should be.
- Reason 1: Can’t seem to keep wheat out of my mouth. Why? Because most of the non-perishable convenience foods in our cabinets are wheat products.
- Reason 2: I don’t have a dedicated exercise area. It can’t be the middle of the living room, the room is simply too small.
- I was hoping to make a craft area/exercise studio out of our attic but the BIL needed a place so he is up there. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t resent that in any way. I am truly grateful it’s there for him. But our plans of a personal space for me have been invaded.
- There might be room in the basement but, bleh. I need to keep my eye out for a light-weight carpet that I can roll up everyday. While the basement is pretty dry, a couple times a month we get a hard enough rain that we get puddles down there.
- No TV down there either so no Wii nor DVDs.
Ugh… it comes down to lots of excuses. Need to figure out some cost free solutions. Will chat with hubby tonight.
#6 Realization – There has been no Bitchin’ Witchen in my kitchen. I never got my garden going this year… pots nor traditional. And I feel I’ve lost my verve, my sense of intention. A lot of it is the heat. But some is just plain sloppy laziness. I hadn’t stirred with thought and power in forever. Meal plans have totally gone to the wayside. Grocery shopping has been neither organized nor thoughtful.
I just wrote on one of my forums that “Maybe time for a personal re-dedication ceremony to get myself back on the right track. A starting point to move forward from.”
So today I’ve decided to stop thinking and start planning and most absolutely start doing.
Filed under: babble, deep thoughts | Leave a comment »