If the storms don’t knock too many more of my blossoms, I am going to have to try this out…
This is great to feed guests or family. Keep this one in mind for that summer zucchini harvest!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
2 tbsp olive oil
4 large zucchinis, thinly sliced lengthwise
4 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
2 Vidalia onions, very thinly sliced
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup grated cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spread 1 tablespoon of the oil on the bottom of a large flameproof gratin dish or shallow casserole. Arrange half the zucchini over the bottom, then add a layer of half the tomatoes and then half the onions.
3. Add half the basil and thyme and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add half the cheese.
4. Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients, topping the remaining cheese. (The dish can be made an hour or two ahead up to this point.)
5. Bake the lasagna for about 30 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender and the cheese is melted. Place under the broiler for the last 3 minutes of cooking.
Based on individual serving.
Total Fat: 17 g
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Protein: 11 g
Source: Kathy Gunst, with the editors of Parenting Magazine
My intern brought me lunch today. Arroz con pollo, yummy! and full.